Ver Angola


João Lourenço inaugurated General Hospital of Cabinda

The President of the Republic, João Lourenço, carried out this Thursday the inauguration of the General Hospital of Cabinda. Budgeted at 165.2 million dollars, the hospital has a capacity of 200 beds.

: Francisco Miúdo/Angop
Francisco Miúdo/Angop  

According to Angop, João Lourenço – after cutting the ribbon – visited some of the unit's service areas.

Installed in an area of ​​50 thousand square meters, the hospital consists of eight floors with various services, including urgency, hemodialysis, physiotherapy, imaging, gynecology and obstetrics, delivery and surgery blocks, intensive care, among others.

According to Angop, this new hospital will expand the offer of health services to the local population, who in the past had to travel to other areas of the country as well as other cities in the Democratic Republic of Congo and the Republic of Congo in search of treatment for chronic diseases.

Work on the hospital – valued at 165.2 million dollars, of which 85 percent is externally funded and the remaining 15 percent funded by the state – began in 2017.

As for the medical team, the hospital has more than 21 doctors (18 Cubans and three Angolans) of various specialties, as well as an orthopedic, a surgeon and a nephrologist. More than 30 specialists in general medicine and 300 technicians (nurses, diagnostic technicians, drivers, stretcher workers, among others) also belong to the hospital team.


Permita anúncios no nosso site


Parece que está a utilizar um bloqueador de anúncios
Utilizamos a publicidade para podermos oferecer-lhe notícias diariamente.