According to the Health Inspector General, Miguel de Oliveira, quarantine measures are being implemented in the country according to a government statement of 6 February, ensuring that the country has not registered positive cases.
In a press conference, this Friday at the headquarters of the Ministry of Health in Luanda, the official said that the two centres, located in the regions of Calumbo and Barra do Cuanza, on the outskirts of Luanda, have all the conditions for this and have eight doctors and 70 health technicians.
"All the quarantined travelers are asymptomatic, they are travelers who do not come from the epidemic center of China, but from several provinces of China and are quarantined according to current regulations," he explained.
Miguel de Oliveira also called for "calm" from the residents of the areas surrounding the centers, guaranteeing that there are no reasons to panic: "There is no reason for the population to worry about the centers installed there".
"And our technicians are interacting with the community to clarify any rumours and aspects that may call for doubts", he stressed.
The health inspector also said that in the last 24 hours the country has screened 819 national citizens and 630 foreigners at the 4 de Fevereiro international airport.
"So far we have not had any positive cases," Miguel de Oliveira stressed, adding that Angola has already registered two suspected cases of coronavirus that "were laboratory negative.
An inter-ministerial commission is implementing the contingency plan that foresees four phases, namely pre-epidemic, epidemic, intra-epidemic and post-epidemic, "with the measures duly rescheduled".
Measures under the contingency plan are being adopted at 32 entry points already identified in Angola, namely ports, airports, border posts, among others.