Ver Angola


Lucapa photovoltaic plant starts producing energy next year

The first quarter of next year is the deadline for the photovoltaic plant that is being installed in the municipality of Lucapa to start producing energy.


With regard to the physical execution of the solar park, the numbers are above 50 percent: the project is about 61 percent completed and in terms of mechanical assembly, with the implementation of solar panels and infrastructure support services, including civil engineering, is above 90 percent, writes Angop.

The placement of the solar panels is also practically completed, with around 11,000 of the 12,090 conjectured panels having been applied so far, with the electrical connections, testing equipment and building of the control room and support buildings still missing, says to Angop.

Speaking to the press, quoted by Angop, João Baptista Borges, Minister of Energy and Water, said that the project includes building a distribution network for 1500 home connections in order to benefit around 49,000 residents.

Speaking at the end of a visit to the solar park, the official stressed that the purpose of building photovoltaic parks in some areas of the country is to reduce fuel consumption and produce clean energy.

He also added that Lucapa has "significant economic activity" and that the intention is to "bring clean and cheap energy".

"Lucapa has significant economic activity and what we want is to bring clean and cheap energy", said João Baptista Borges, quoted by Angop.

It should be noted that the plant, whose installation is being carried out in an area of three hectares, is budgeted at 19,706,428 euros, of which 80 percent is borne by Sweden and the remaining 20 percent by South Africa, writes Angop.


Permita anúncios no nosso site


Parece que está a utilizar um bloqueador de anúncios
Utilizamos a publicidade para podermos oferecer-lhe notícias diariamente.