Ver Angola


Instituto de Jogos raised 5.8 billion kwanzas in the third quarter of 2022

The Institute for Supervision of Games (ISJ) collected around 5.8 billion kwanzas in Special Gaming Tax (IEJ) in the third quarter of 2022, announced the Ministry of Finance.


The Quick Information Sheet (FIR) on the behavior of revenue in the gaming sector, consulted on Friday by Lusa, says that the volume of collections represented an increase of 185 percent compared to the same period in 2021.

At least 26 entities authorized to operate in Angola in three gaming segments, namely games of chance, social games (more explored in the sports betting component) and online games contributed to the growth of IEJ revenues.

Social games led the list of collections with a participation of 81 percent (4.7 billion kwanzas) and the remaining 19 percent were contributed by the modality of games of chance.

The operator Primeira Aposta (Premier Bet) contributed the most, in this period, among the operators that explored the modality of social and remote online games, followed by the operator Mota, Tavares & Barros (Elephant Bet).

According to the FIR, the increase recorded in IEJ collection is due "essentially" to the increase in supervision and inspection services in the sector, due to the mandatory daily and quarterly reporting of accounting and statistical information from licensed entities.

The strengthening of the relationship between the ISJ and gaming operators and the increased collaboration between the gaming regulatory body and the General Tax Administration (AGT) also contributed to the expansion of revenues.

"The gaming sector globally, directly or indirectly, collected in the first nine months of 2022 approximately 7 billion kwanzas that come from the collection of the IEJ, parafiscal revenue (fees, fines and emoluments) and other taxes", refers in the note.

For the Angolan entities, the approval of the future Gaming Activity Law, already in the National Assembly, "will have a great impact on the organization of the sector and should consecrate greater capacity for tax inspection" to the ISJ in coordination with the AGT.

The ISJ is a body under the Ministry of Finance.


Permita anúncios no nosso site


Parece que está a utilizar um bloqueador de anúncios
Utilizamos a publicidade para podermos oferecer-lhe notícias diariamente.