Ver Angola


Construction of the Cabinda refinery is in the equipment assembly phase

Nimbo Virgílio, director of engineering and projects at Sonangol, informed that the construction of the Cabinda refinery is in the equipment assembly phase, adding that the work on the Cabinda project is more advanced compared to the refineries in Lobito, Benguela province , and Soyo, province of Zaire.


Cited by Angop, the official informed that the progress of the construction of this refinery takes place two months after the arrival of new equipment for its construction.

With a completion date scheduled for 2024, the Cabinda refinery – whose corporate structure Gemcorp (90 percent) and Sonangol (10 percent) are part of – will have a processing capacity of 60,000 barrels of oil per day and will basically respond to the local and regional market.

As for the Lobito refinery, the official, who was speaking this Tuesday about oil refining projects in the country, at the second training seminar on oil exploration, promoted by the Association of Economic Journalists, took the opportunity to mention that, The project is currently in the engineering and partnership setting phase, with launch scheduled for 2025.

This refinery will be able to process around 200,000 barrels of oil a day and its partnership structure is open, offering opportunities to new investors, writes Angop.

In turn, advances Angop, the Soyo refinery project is in the demining stage – 80 percent – and deforestation, in a perimeter of 712 hectares.

With a processing capacity of 100,000 barrels of oil a day, this refinery, which is also expected to be launched in 2025, is majority owned by Quanten (90 percent), with the remaining 10 percent belonging to Sonangol.

Cited by Angop, Nimbo Virgílio considered that the shortage found between supply and demand for refined products in Angola will be met when these three refineries are finished.

It should be noted that, at the moment, Angola only has the Luanda refinery to process oil into derivatives, in an undertaking capable of transforming 65,000 barrels a day.


Permita anúncios no nosso site


Parece que está a utilizar um bloqueador de anúncios
Utilizamos a publicidade para podermos oferecer-lhe notícias diariamente.