"These are anonymous threats that we are receiving over the phones, there are messages that say that we are being financed to cause confusion, others to go out in demonstrations, but even so our march will leave", said this Friday to Lusa the president of the Angolan Students Movement (MEA), Francisco Teixeira.
Luanda and Huambo are the provinces that should join the march called by the MEA.
The leader of the movement, the organization that scheduled the demonstration for this Saturday, in Luanda, after being prevented from holding a similar protest a week ago, says that the Provincial Government of Luanda (GPL) has already been informed about the intention.
The demonstration scheduled for this Saturday should be the second in a calendar of five demonstrations scheduled by the MEA, in favor of the return to classes at public universities, where teachers are on strike for an indefinite period since 27 February last.
Student protests for the return to school are expected to last until the first half of next May.
On February 27, the National Union of Higher Education Teachers (Sinpes) resumed its strike, for an indefinite period, in protest against "miserable wages" and the inversion of the executive's priorities.
"When you can buy 45 vehicles for a total value of 9 million euros, this is a paradox. In a country that intends to be competitive and knowing that knowledge is a lever for growth, there is no political will to increase wages", he told the Lusa the general secretary of Sinpes, Eduardo Peres Alberto, on the occasion.
The trade unionist complained, in the last week, that his residence had been vandalized by strangers, after he and his daughter received anonymous threats, by telephone, for him to "end the strike now", which has lasted for almost two months.
Teachers claim salary updates, better working conditions, health insurance and others, contained in a memorandum of understanding of November 17, 2021.
According to a letter from the MEA, sent to the GPL on April 17, 2023 and to which Lusa had access this Friday, Saturday's march should start at Largo das Heroínas and follow the route to Largo 1.º de Maio.