Ver Angola

Trade

Redtag will create 600 new jobs by 2024

Redtag will create 600 new jobs in a timeframe up to 2024. The revelation was made this Monday by Vasco Marques, executive director of the company.

:

The official said that the 600 new jobs (of which 400 will be direct and 200 indirect) will be created as part of Redtag's expansion plan.

Vasco Marques, in statements to Angop, explained that the number of new jobs will be achieved with the opening of eight stores in the country.

The company plans to start expanding the business this year and, according to the official, the opening of the first of the eight stores is expected to take place in 2021, in Luanda. This store will create 50 new jobs, he added.

In its future plans, Redtag plans to open stores in other provinces of the country. However, according to Vasco Marques, adjustments have already been made in the opening "timings" because of the pandemic, but the provinces have not been chosen yet.

He also considered that the biggest investment is not in the stores, but in human resources. For this, the company will invest in training people, so that the team of workers is dynamic, motivated, and totally Angolan.

Redtag currently has one store, in Luanda, where it employs 48 people, of which one is an expatriate, more than half are women (55 percent) and the rest are men (45 percent).

Related