Ver Angola


Gas exports on an upward trajectory rises more than 12 percent compared to the last quarter

The third quarter of this year confirmed growth in gas and condensate exports, which reached over one million metric tons. This rise represents an increase of 12.14 percent compared to the previous quarter.


According to Angop, the export of gas was worth US$2.1 billion, according to statistical data made public this Tuesday by the director of the Office of Studies, Planning and Statistics of the Ministry of Mineral Resources, Oil and Gas.

Thus, it is known that during the period under analysis, 825.21 metric tons of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) were sold, at an average price of US$2.4 million. Still 38.06 metric tons of butane gas – average price of US$ 507,465 thousand – and 130,42 thousand metric tons of propane, at an average price of US$ 496,368 thousand.

The main destinations for LNG exports from Angola were the Netherlands, with a share of 41.53 percent, India, with 25.68 percent, and Spain, with 24.46 percent.

As for butane gas, the main buyer was China, which imported 99.07 percent of the hydrocarbon. The Democratic Republic of Congo bought the remaining 0.93 percent.

As for condensates, Belgium imported 33.77 percent, placing itself as the main buyer of this product.

Europe and Asia are the main destinations for exports not only of crude oil but also of gas from Angola.

This increase in exports and in the price of gas was influenced by several factors, namely expectations around possible cuts in production. Also the fact that the European Union had reduced the import of crude oil from Russia by 90 percent until the end of the year, and the interruptions registered in the US supply due to Hurricane Ian influenced the registered prices.


Permita anúncios no nosso site


Parece que está a utilizar um bloqueador de anúncios
Utilizamos a publicidade para podermos oferecer-lhe notícias diariamente.