Ver Angola

Society

Four Congolese people die of intoxication in the province of Lunda Norte

Four citizens of the Democratic Republic of Congo died in the province of Lunda Norte, due to presumed inhalation of carbon monoxide, said the spokesman for the National Civil Protection and Fire Service.

:

Félix Luciano, speaking to public radio, said that the four people were in a closed compartment, where an electricity generator was operating.

"For combustion reasons, this generator released carbon monoxide gas," explained the source of civil protection.

"If individuals were already asleep, they were inhaling the atmosphere contaminated by carbon monoxide, which resulted in deaths," he added.