According to the table, published by FIFA and shared by Tiago Azulão on social networks, the Petro de Luanda athlete is in eighth place with 39 goals, with the Japanese Kodai Tanaka and the Iranian Mehdi Taremi having the same number of goals as Azulão.
The podium is led by Frenchman Kylian Mbappé with 56 goals. The 'silver' and 'bronze' go to the Brazilian Bérgson (47 goals) and the Norwegian Erling Haaland (46 goals), respectively.
Using social networks, Tiago Azulão emphasized the achievement and thanked everyone who worked with him, wishing that 2023 would bring "more achievements".
"2022 is over but will never be forgotten by me, and with another brand that becomes historic for me! Being among the top 10 scorers in the world in 2022! Gratitude to everyone who works with me because no one achieves anything alone and gratitude to God! May 2023 be one of more achievements!", he wrote.
Below is the complete list of the best scorers of 2022:
- Kylian Mbappé with 56 goals
- Bergson with 47 goals
- Erling Haaland with 46 goals
- Germán Cano with 43 goals
- Robert Lewandowski with 42 goals
- Boris Kopitovic with 41 goals
- Mehdi Taremi with 39 goals
- Tiago Azulão with 39 goals
- Kodai Tanaka with 39 goals
- Christopher Nkunku with 37 goals